Tuesday 20 August 2013

A Pair Of Trainers Outside A Door

19/08/2013

A view from… the police interview room

"My view from the Police Interview Room, by Tracey McMahon

I’ve always had an interest in law and the wheels of justice. I’ve watched crime dramas such as The Bill, Prime Suspect and a plethora of television programmes. I have commented on many forums reviewing such shows. I’ve read court reports, followed high profile cases and shouted with the rest of them when a case which raises hackles is presented to the public by the media. I can tell you first-hand that being on the wrong side of the law is nothing as it portrayed by drama serials.

I am known as an offender. This is the modern-day; politically correct term for a criminal. I’ve had my name in the press, on Twitter, on Facebook and well, I wouldn’t be surprised if my name doesn’t crop up on some people’s lips as they have their morning cup of tea. Particularly those who I have done harm to; my family.

I was never arrested as procedures have now changed. I was ‘invited’ to attend the police station on a voluntary basis. Had I not accepted this invitation then I would likely have been arrested and brought in for questioning. Off I marched at 10.00am on Monday 12 March to my police interview, dressed as if I was going to be sitting on the board of a global conglomerate."

http://ukcrime.wordpress.com/2013/08/19/a-view-from-the-police-interview-room/

No comments:

Post a Comment