Friday 6 July 2012

Administrative Not Punitive?

Friday, July 06, 2012

Convicted sex offender said being on the register was 'biggest kick in the teeth'

"Opportunity

"I have an opportunity to work abroad again, not in the same country, but similar," he said.

"I don't know how being on the sex offenders register will affect my situation. It has been my biggest kick in the teeth."

His status as a sex offender was also "very testing" in his personal life because he was godfather to nephews and nieces, he said.

But Judge Hart told Fenemore there was nothing he could do because registration as a sex offender is automatic for a specified period depending on the sentence imposed.

"I wish you well for the future, I hope you can get your life back to normal," said the judge."

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/story-16492791-detail/story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment