24 July 2012 Last updated at 12:18
Phone hacking: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson face charges
"Eight people, including Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson, will face a total of 19 charges relating to phone hacking, the Crown Prosecution Service has said.
The two ex-News of the World editors will be charged in connection with the accessing of murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler's phone messages.
They are among seven of the paper's former staff facing charges of conspiring to intercept communications.
The CPS said the charges related to 600 alleged victims between 2000 and 2006."
Andy Coulson charged with hacking Milly Dowler's phone
7:00PM BST 21 Jul 2012
Rupert Murdoch steps down from NI boards
Rupert Murdoch's grip on UK newspapers is loosening "finger by finger", as he resigns string of directorships.
Daily Mirror and Daily Star facing bung probe
"'Jail guards paid'
COPS are probing thousands of pounds of allegedly corrupt payments to prison officers by the Mirror and the Star newspapers.
Met Police Deputy Assistant Commissioner Sue Akers told the Leveson Inquiry into press standards yesterday that they have sent legal notices to both groups.
She said: “There are reasonable grounds to suspect offences have been committed.”"
Operation Elveden: Mirror and Star journalists arrested
Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson face charges - as it happened
Friday 28 June 2013 11.40 BST
Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson fail to get phone-hacking cases dropped
"Former News International boss and David Cameron's former spin doctor go to court of appeal in bid to halt prosecutions
Rebekah Brooks, the former chief executive of News International, and Andy Coulson, David Cameron's former spin doctor, have lost a last ditch attempt to get their prosecution over alleged phone hacking dropped.
They went to the court of appeal on Friday morning to seek to have the case against them dismissed on the grounds that the law did not extend to voicemails that had already been listened to.
Lord Judge, the lord chief justice, and two other judges, dismissed the appeal that been brought by Brooks, Coulson and three others – former News of the World news editor Ian Edmondson, former senior reporter James Weatherup and the paper's former managing editor Stuart Kuttner.
They are all due to stand trial in September for alleged phone hacking and all five pleaded not guilty to all charges earlier this month."
Phone Hacking Trial Of Rebekah Brooks And Andy Coulson Begins
29 October 2013
Rebekah Brooks' legal team revealed as gagging order lifted